Organizers: François Bergeron (UQAM),Srecko Brlek (UQAM), Christophe Hohlweg (UQAM)
• François Bergeron (UQAM);
• Valérie Berthé (Université Paris-Diderot);
• Srecko Brlek (UQAM);
• Laurent Habsieger (Université Claude Bernard, Lyon);
• Sylvie Hamel (UdeM)
• Christophe Hohlweg (UQAM);
• Jean-Christophe Novelli (Université Paris-Est);
• Nathan Reading (North Carolina State University);
• Lauren Williams (UC Berkeley).
escription: On the occasion of CRM’s 50th anniversary in 2018, the Laboratoire de Combinatoire et d’Informatique Mathématique (LaCIM) organizes a month of scientific activities to discuss the state-of-the-art and manifold interconnections between the lively topics that have long been at the core of research at LaCIM: algebraic combinatorics, combinatorial representation theory, Coxeter groups theory, combinatorics of words, discrete geometry, enumerative combinatorics, mathematical computer science and their applications. The scientific activities will be articulated around the confirmed participations of Mireille Bousquet-Mélou and Ezra Miller; together with a week-long international conference to be held from the 24th to the 28th of September 2018. This conference will be organized as follows:
* two days session dedicated to subjects related to ties between algebra and combinatorics;
* two days session dedicated to subjects related to ties between combinatorics, theoretical computer science, and statistical physics.
The bridge between the two sessions will be a special event on Wednesday 26th, aiming at underlying 30 years of partnership of LaCIM and CRM through 4 conferences given by:
* Mireille Bousquet-Mélou,
* Ezra Miller,
and by LaCIM’s past and current holders of the Canadian Research Chair, “Algebra, Combinatorics and Mathematical Computer Science”
* Christophe Reutenauer and
* Hugh Thomas.